Pages



Monday 9 March 2015

Week 20: Standing Tall; Bearing Testimony



Hey guys!!!

Good news! I’m staying in W. Seneca for another 6 weeks! I’ll be getting a new companion tomorrow. His name is Elder Merrill. If you guys have some time I think it would be really nice if you could write him a letter. :)

This week was a little rough because we had to drop one of our investigators. He brought a bunch of anti mormon material to one of our lessons and wasn’t receptive to anything we had to say. The material he gave us was a lot to handle! lol He attacked our beliefs and did everything he could to tear down our faith but we stood firm and shared our testimonies with him and told him we could no longer do visits with him. We had no choice but to drop him permanently as a contact. It was really sad. I’m sure you’ve already seen my Facebook post but I had a firm foundation to testify against him. While I testified I heard the words in my mind that if he didn’t repent I would be part of his judgment at the last day. It was a bad experience but also a really good spiritual experience at the same time.

Now for some good news! We have a less active member that we have been working with and he has finally committed to come to church from now on! We reactivated a less active. :) It’s amazing to work with the spirit and challenge people to make bold commitments. We went to the Hill Cumorah Visitor’s Center with him and watched Meet the Mormons and the Eternal Families videos. It was awesome!

I got to teach gospel principles alone again yesterday. It was actually pretty fun! The same investigators showed up and participated quite a bit. The lesson was on the freedom to choose. I was glad it went well and people understood what I was trying to say.

I forgot to bring my camera with me so I could send pics home from our Niagara Falls visit! I’ll be sure to send some next week. It was really fun and brought back a lot of great memories of my first area in Tonowanda.

I love and miss you all very much!!

Elder Peterson

PS Time to start the countdown for our Mother’s Day Skype date!!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design