Pages



Monday 15 June 2015

Week 34: Happy Father's Day!!


Good morning!

It’s always so good to hear from all of you! This week we have been very busy visiting less active members and sharing messages on the importance of coming to church. I can see how not coming to church effects you only in small ways at first but then quickly leads you down a slippery slope of other temptations. I’ve recognized seen the great importance of letting those that are less active know how much they are missed.

It’s been such a long and stressful week for me. I’m trying to make sure my companion is okay and adjusting well to everything. I’ve also been trying my best to make sure our areas are continuing to progress… I have a strong desire to leave these areas better than I found them. And then I still feel like the ward still has trust issues with us because of the disobedient missionaries that have served here in the past. It’s a bit frustrating when I feel like I have done everything I can possibly think of to gain that trust back since the day I first arrived. It’s been tough. Do you have any suggestions on how to help us gain trust with the ward members? Any suggestions on how to help my companion? Please share.

President Francis and his assistants came to our zone conference this week! It was great to see him again. Remember when I asked him if he could come speak in our ward in hopes of motivating the members to participate in missionary work? Well, I spoke with the bishopric and they said they won’t have a Sunday available for him until maybe next month. Let’s cross our fingers and pray that they’ll find a day for him to come speak because we definitely need it. Please pray for us!

I’m glad you guys received my letters! I felt like I needed to write to you and share my love for each of you. It’s funny you said you teared up when you read my letter Ally because I kinda teared up when I was writing it to you haha I really do miss you guys a whole lot but I know I have been called to serve at this time, in this place for a reason. It has truly been the most incredible experience serving the Lord and his fellow servants. It’s pretty awesome to see how the mission changes you and magnifies your testimony so much too. :)

This week I have been studying in the book of Alma. I was reading the story of Amalickiah and the Chief Commander of the Lamanites, Lehonti. I was wondering what I could learn from these chapters and then thought about how much Amalickiah is like Satan. He tries so hard to lower you down bit by bit so you don’t seem to even notice how vulnerable you’re becoming. By doing so, he brings your guard down and before you know it he’s fully attacked you spiritually. Another reason why it’s so important to study the scriptures daily and strictly follow the commandments. It’s interesting seeing so much symbolism in these war chapters of the Book of Mormon.

Please tell President Davie and President Jenkins how much I appreciate their thoughts and prayers. I really do need all the prayers I can get in order to have the strength and endurance to push through the Lord’s work.

My ear is still bothering me pretty bad and I’m starting to worry about my other ear. Will you send me our medical insurance information? I need to make an appointment with a doctor soon. I don’t like when I can’t hear and I don’t want my ears to keep me from doing the Lord’s work.

Thank you Tyrel & Ally for sending that funny video of Deegan lol He cracks me up. Thank you for sending a package my way as well. I can’t wait for it to get here!

Can you guys believe I’m only four more months away from my one year mark?! That’s crazy!!!

Be on the look out for a Father’s Day letter in the mail dad :)

I love and miss you all very much!

Elder Peterson


Elder Peterson and some of the other missionaries had the opportunity to go on a private tour of the Buffalo Bills NFL Stadium a few months ago! He loved it :)


Mario Williams' locker! Defensive end for the Buffalo Bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design