Pages



Monday 29 June 2015

Week 36: Finding Lost Sheep and Happiness


Hey guys!

Well, its been another busy week! We had a meeting with the ward council to discuss our assignment of finding the “lost sheep” in our ward. The assignments they have given us will definitely put us to the test! But I am excited. They have seen our hard work over the last several weeks and they have committed to helping us reclaim lost sheep rather than focusing only on investigators. It makes me so incredibly happy to hear that from them! I love finding and helping those who have lost their way come back to church and back to Christ. In my opinion seeing the lost sheep come back to church definitely counts as two baptisms anyway! Haha There really is no better feeling than helping them find their way back. :)

Speaking of, when S.W. (an inactive member Elder Peterson and his companion helped reactivate) started coming back to church it definitely helped strengthen my testimony. I’m so grateful I’ve been a part of his journey back to the gospel. He was such a miserable man for so many years but now he is happier than I have ever seen him. Now he is a better man. He was actually just called as a ward missionary! I’m excited for him. The power of the atonement is real. I love that I have witnessed it so many times in my life. It’s amazing.

S.W., my companion and I are all going to the sacred sites this weekend for Independence Day! I’m grateful to live in a country that preserves our religious freedom. I love this country we live in.

I heard about the Supreme Court ruling that took place last week. I’m very disappointed and sad. It bothers me to see our country being lead by so many corrupt people. It really proves how hard Satan is working on attacking the family. I’m grateful for the Proclamation to the World. It’s so important! Watching our country go down hill so quickly scares me. I’m afraid of the kind of society I will have to raise my children in someday… but I know that as we follow Christ’s teachings all will be well.

I realized the other day that President Francis will be released next summer. I think so highly of him. I really respect him and look to him as an example in my life. He gave me some great advice recently. I was speaking to him about my struggles to overcome disappointments and negativity. He shared this scripture with me: “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it. Mosiah 2:41” He also said it’s better to choose to be happy during repeated afflictions. I admire him so much and appreciate his words of advice and encouragement.

I can’t wait for you to meet him and all of the other people I’ve grown to love so much out here in New York.

I love you and miss you all very much!

Love,
Elder Peterson


"The landscaping project we worked so hard on for one of our investigators. She loved the final result. :)"
Elder Peterson & Brother Gradzewicz from N. Tonawanda
(Brother Gradzewicz is always sure to take a picture with Elder Peterson each time he sees him. He then forwards the picture along to us. We love him for it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design