Pages



Monday 6 July 2015

Week 37: Sacred Sites and Tender Mercies


Hey everyone!!!

This weekend was a blast! We were able to tour all of the sites including Alvin Smith’s grave in Palmyra! It was awesome. It was a very spiritual experience for all of us. S.W. loved and enjoyed every minute of it! We also got a sneak peek of the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It looks like it’s going to be really incredible! I can’t wait to go see it.

Speaking of the Hill Cumorah, guess what happened?! To make a long story short, I had mentioned to S.W. how nice it would be to meet someone, ANYONE from Las Vegas haha So as we were making our way through the sites the first sister we met in Fayette, at the Peter Whitmer farm, mentioned she is from Vegas! I thought it was so awesome! It made my day.

As we reached the top of the Hill Cumorah, you’ll never believe what happened… A large group of people that looked like they were on a tour of some sort came over and talked to us for a bit. Then they asked us where we were from… My companion said he was from Utah and I said I was from Vegas. Then all of the youth in the tour started shouting for joy because they were from Las Vegas too! The really crazy part is that I saw some of my friends from my Green Valley seminary class! Is it a small world or what?! I said my hellos and goodbyes so I could return back to work. I looked over at S.W. and the look on his face was priceless lol He didn’t expect that nor will he forget that experience haha

I met even more members from Las Vegas yesterday! They said they are from North Las Vegas. They were visiting in our ward yesterday. It was great to meet them. :)

We’ve been busy this week week with less active members trying to help them either come back to church or give them the sacrament. It’s hard to see members lose their testimony. I’m so grateful for my testimony!

We had a really great experience with an investigator named W.R.. We had an amazing lesson and had the opportunity to provide him with a priesthood blessing. After we closed with the blessing he said, “Whoa, what was what?” I asked what he meant. He replied that he felt his spine tingle for a little bit after I finished with the blessing lol I explained to him that what he was feeling was the Holy Ghost. It was awesome. :)

Thank you so much Ally & Tyrel for the 4th of July package! I loved it!!! Transfers are coming up again so if you send anything else my way be sure to send it to the mission office instead of directly to me.

I love the picture of Grandma Janell & the life-size cutout of me. It looks so real!

I’ve been studying in the Book of Mormon the importance of choosing leaders of our country wisely. I can testify to that. I’m still disappointed in the Supreme Court’s decision in legalizing same sex marriage. It just proves how hard Satan is working!

Well, here comes another busy week but I am looking forward to seeing the Hill Cumorah Pageant! We will be taking K.L. with us. I hope she’ll like it!

Onward and forward!

I love and miss you all very much!

Love,
Elder Peterson



"This is the Fayette building. Our entire mission meets here once a year, on April 6th, to celebrate the organization of the church. :)"
"This is where church was organized!"
(Elder Peterson, S.W. & Elder Herman)
"This is where church was organized!"
"Here is Alvin Smith's grave!"
"Here is Alvin Smith's grave!"
"This is one of the first copies of the Book of Mormon! It was made in the 1830s."
"Here is the Book of Mormon Publishing Press!"
"Here is Joseph Smith's home!"
(Elder Peterson, S.W. & Elder Herman)
"Here is Joseph Smith's home!"
 (Elder Peterson, S.W. & Elder Herman)
The Sacred Grove



The Hill Cumorah
"Our sneak peek of the Hill Cumorah Pageant!"
"I am standing in the room where the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph!"
"Here is Joseph Smith's Farm!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design