Pages



Tuesday 11 August 2015

Week 42: Rescued from the Pouring Rain!


Hey guys!

I can’t believe I am just about to my ten month mark! Time is really flying by. This week we have been working hard trying to find new investigators. We found great success! We found four new investigators that are interested in hearing more about the restoration.

We were also able to teach a father and daughter, who have been investigating the church, more about the word of wisdom. They committed to living it as well! We felt that it was appropriate to set a baptismal date with them as well- and they said yes!! They will be baptized on October 3rd. I am so excited to see them enter the waters of baptism!

My spiritual thought for the week is based on a talk that was given by Jack R. Christensen. It’s titled Apples or Onions. I love how he uses the gospel to allow us to choose what kind of music we should listen to. I would encourage you to listen to this talk. It has definitely changed my taste in music. I know I won’t be listening to the same kind of music once I return home. Hearing him speak about the evil influences of today's music is pretty scary. He says if you listen to bad music you are inviting evil spirits and offering a prayer to Lucifer. I thought it was an interesting perspective.

Mom- That’s awesome you get to teach seminary with Sister Richardson! Are you excited for seminary to start back up? I can’t believe it’s already almost time for school to start again. Crazy!

I’m including a video of last week’s exchanges with my zone leader. We were out street contacting and it started pouring rain! We were trying to get back to our car as fast as we could when a random stranger stopped and offered us a ride, which is actually quite rare in New York. It was amazing seeing that there really are friendly people out there that are kind to missionaries. It was a great experience.

I have an interview with President Francis this week, just a regular check in to see how we’re doing. I asked him if he could review my patriarchal blessing to help me understand it better. I can’t wait! I’m looking forward to it. He is a great example to me. I’m so sad his mission is ending next summer. We’ll have to invite him to my homecoming. :)

Here is the video!

https://vimeo.com/135949601



 

Elder Peterson 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design