Pages



Tuesday 1 March 2016

Week 71: Another Baptism!


Hey guys!

We had a pretty good week this week! We had a baptism on Saturday! I had the privilege of performing the sacred ordinance of baptism for A (JM‘s daughter). It was such a wonderful experience and definitely a testimony builder. Elder Fielding and I taught JM and A before I became a district leader and they sent new missionaries in to take over our investigators. Even though it was a really cool experience, it was also awkward lol. The water was only three feet deep... but by some miracle I was still able to perform the baptism. The other missionaries at the baptism commented on how impressive it was that I pulled it off! haha

We had a branch fireside and watched the church video To This End Was I Born. We had a some recent converts and two non members there! It turned out to be a great night. The spirit was strong as we testified of the Savior.

To This End Was I Born
(Click the link below to watch the video)
https://lds.org/bible-videos/videos/to-this-end-was-i-born?lang=eng

We are already planning ahead for the next fireside in March. The Buffalo Stake is really pushing to build relationships with other faiths. So, for the next fireside, we are planning on inviting a minister or pastor to be our guest speaker and to share a few thoughts on Jesus Christ. Has our stake ever done anything like that before? I think it might be cool to reach out and build relationships with other denominations that way back at home.

I made mom’s shredded chicken breast recipe for the fireside and everyone absolutely loved it! The branch president asked what was in it but I told him it was classified. :) It was a hit so I might need you to send me some more of the ingredients so I can make it again.

We had a lesson with one of our investigators on 3 Nephi 15. In this scripture, Jesus is teaching the Nephites about other people that need to hear the gospel. We quoted 3 Nephi 15:17 and then testified that Jesus was referring to the ancestors of the Native Americans. She has had a hard time gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon. She says it’s definitely believable but she doesn’t know if it’s true. She says she hasn’t received an answer from God and is starting to get impatient. We are going to share Alma 34 with her during our next appointment and discuss how our Father in Heaven answers our prayers. I hope it turns out okay. Do you have any advice for me?

I received a message the other day from the Orchard Park Elders. They wanted me to call one of my old investigators who was supposedly having a hard time. When he answered I let him know I felt prompted to call him as I was worried about him. Right away he sounded ashamed. He told me straight up that he is dealing with some personal issues, has no interest in talking about them and has no desire to come back to church any time soon. After he told me all of this, the only thing I could say was, “Okay. Remember that I love you and I’ll always support you no matter what.” All he said back to me was that he appreciated it and then he hung up the phone. I started to cry. It was hard to go through that. He was someone I had grown close to and worked so hard to re-activate yet he still chose to become inactive again. I probably cried for about an hour and then I began praying for him. That is when the Lord comforted me and let me know it will be alright in the end. It’s hard to see someone that has so much potential make poor choices. I know I’m not giving up on him anytime soon though.

I love you and miss you all very much.

Elder Peterson


Exchanges with one of my favorite zone leaders!

Lake Erie

A's baptism!

A's baptism!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design