Pages



Monday 7 March 2016

Week 72: A Busy Week and an Epic Fail

Hey!

This week was a pretty good week. We had a confirmation on Sunday which was awesome! Then after the confirmation, we sustained our new branch missionaries!!! I’m so excited because the those who were called to be branch missionaries are actually from the Orchard Park ward! I know and love so many people from that ward. :)

I got a chance to work with the stake presidency again earlier this week. President Monroe is an awesome leader and friend. He has helped the Cattaraugus branch a lot.

We are also preparing for a global broadcast sing-a-long with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! We were even asked to go around and invite people in the community to join us. It’s going to be a lot of fun. I can’t wait! :)

I’ve been working really close with President Francis and the zone leaders again by seeking their council and asking for advice. I’m concerned about my district. I try my hardest to be the best district leader I possibly can. I know I can be better and I wish I was better but sometimes all I can do is teach correct principles to my district and then let them govern themselves. The zone leaders will be doing an exchange with some of the other elders in my district to hopefully help get them back into shape. Let’s just say it’s been a busy week.

Later on this afternoon we are going to help prune the orchard trees in the back of the church. We helped a little bit earlier this weekend but plan on doing more today. I enjoy this service project because it reminds me so much of home.

Speaking of home, I’m jealous you guys went to Lucilles!!! Man I wish I could have been there for some banana pudding haha

Will you send me some space bags so I can start sending all of my winter stuff home? I would rather not have to carry it around anymore. Spring is officially coming! My winters are done as a missionary! I no longer have to tract, shovel or walk in 6 ft of snow anymore! Hallelujah! haha Time really does fly by so quickly.

We only have three weeks left of this transfer. The new transfer won’t be until March 29th. I’m hoping I’ll be able to stay in this area because I know they need a lot of help but I feel like I’m the only missionary that knows what they’re doing. The other missionaries will get there eventually, they just need more time. All I’m saying is I want to offer my support to this area as long as possible, but I will go where the Lord wants me to go.

I have to tell you this funny story really quick- On Saturday night my companion and I decided we would try to prank the other Elders just for fun. We went over to their apartment and tapped on the windows to scare them. We almost got caught so we took off running to get back to our truck as quickly as possible. Well, while we were sprinting towards the truck I was too distracted to notice a patch of ice in front of me. So, I slipped and fell straight down a flight of stairs that led directly to their basement. EPIC FAIL. Try to imagine me on the ground trying to quietly yell out to my companion to leave me behind hahaha. Even after taking one for the team (plus a few scrapes and bruises) they still knew it was us! Double epic fail! hahaha It was a pretty funny experience anyway.

Only two more fast Sundays until we get to Skype again!

I love and miss you!

Elder Peterson

P.S. Did you get the package I sent?


President Monroe (stake presidency) & Elder Peterson
President Monroe (stake presidency) & Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design