Pages



Monday 28 March 2016

Week 75: Staying in Cattaraugus for a Fourth Transfer!

Hey!

Good news! We received our transfer call this morning and my companion and I are staying in Cattaraugus for a fourth transfer! I’m so happy we are staying. The only bad thing is that we lost two awesome missionaries. Their names are Elder Winkler and Elder Ashliman. They were transferred to Irondequoit and Springville. It makes me sad to see them go but the Lord always knows what he is doing. Anyway, this means we get two new missionaries! Elder Detlor and his trainee will be here tomorrow. I have served with Elder Detlor before in Batavia. He is an awesome missionary! He’s actually finishing his mission this transfer too which is awesome!

This week we went around to different places in the community trying to reach out and find new investigators. We had two miracles happen! And it happened in our apartment! We found two new investigators. One is our neighbor and the other is the electrical worker that works for our land lord. We found them by simply talking to them and becoming friends with them. The investigator that is our neighbor told me that I am the first missionary that has actually showed more than just the knowledge that I have. He noticed that I actually cared about him and for the first time ever he agreed to have a few lessons with us! Such a sweet miracle!!

In sacrament meeting yesterday each of the talks focused on the idea that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are all united as a team but are not united in one form. Isn’t that interesting to think about? How perfectly the god head is united? Sometimes I ask myself how well I am unified with the Lord or even the holy ghost. I think we would be smart to stop and focus on the things that we can do to improve our unity with our heavenly father.

I’m so excited for Abby! Tell her congratulations and good luck at BYU Hawaii! I know she will have so much fun there.

I am grateful to serve another transfer on the Indian reservation. I am honored to serve these people and help them in every way I can to build them up and strengthen them. I have really come to love this area. I worked hard to earn the members and native members trust. I absolutely love all of them.

It’s been an awesome week and an awesome transfer!

I love and miss you all very much!
Elder Peterson


"Only on the reservation!"

"Simple way to describe Lehi's dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design