Pages



Monday 15 August 2016

Week 95: Member Missionary Efforts


Hey!

This week has been a little rough. Elder Gwilliam is having a hard time adjusting to mission life so I’ve been trying my best to help him with the transition. Some days aren’t so good but staying busy seems to help quite a bit. Tyrel- any advice from when you were a trainer?

Spencerport is struggling a little bit when it comes to finding investigators who are really committed to learning more about the gospel. Thanks to past missionaries, it seems like everyone wants to hang out with us but few actually care to listen to the message we are there to share with them. So, we spent most of the week digging around in our area books making sure the people we are contacting are truly interested in hearing the gospel and not just wanting to hang out with the missionaries. 

Statistics say that member missionary work is much more effective than missionaries working completely on their own. It’s so important to work together as a member/missionary team. The Rochester stake has really been stressing the importance of member missionary work which I am grateful for.

I had an interview with President Evans the other day. He wanted to check in to see how everything is going with training and to see how Elder Gwilliam is doing. I think it’s really neat that he would take the time to do that. I really like President Evans. I’m still sad President Francis is gone but I know I must keep pressing forward.

Oh, how I can’t wait to see each of you. I can’t believe I only have 10 weeks left on my mission! It’s so weird to think about. I can’t wait to see you and give you all the biggest hug. It’s going to be so cool!!!

I love and miss you all very much,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design