Pages



Monday 26 September 2016

Week 101: The Purpose Behind Hardships


Hey!

It’s so good to hear from you guys every week! I’m so eager to get home and I can’t wait to see all of you again. This is an exciting time! 

I’ve been through a lot on my mission but I’ve had many worthwhile and rewarding experiences because of it. Sometimes I wonder why I had to experience the many hardships I’ve faced while in the mission field… but something I’ve come to know is the purpose behind them. They have helped me have a much deeper, closer personal relationship with Christ. 

We spent a lot of the week working at the food pantry. It was fun to get to know some of the people there. A cool miracle happened while we were there too! We were working away when out of nowhere someone yelled out my name. It was one of my old investigators I taught in W. Seneca! She moved without giving anyone her contact info and we just happened to run into each other at the food pantry in a completely different town. Can you believe it? And the best part is that she is in our ward boundaries! I love it when stuff like that happens!!

We had another cool experience happen last night. We felt prompted to down a specific street and ended up talking to a family that was out playing Pokemon Go. I spoke with the mom while my companion talked to the kids. We ended up having a great discussion about the Book of Mormon. I shared my testimony with her and then felt like I should extend a baptismal invitation to her right there on the street. And she accepted!!! Can you believe it?

I can’t wait for you guys to get here so I can show you around and just spend time with you.

I love and miss you all very much!

Elder Peterson


"The Buffalo North Zone!"




"Lunch with Brother Gradzewicz."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design