Pages



Monday 10 October 2016

Week 103: Sharing My Final Testimony as a Missionary


Hey Guys!

Can you believe I will see you guys in two weeks? I’m so excited!!! I’m counting down the days until I get to give you all the biggest hug. It’s hard for me to believe my time as a missionary is almost up. The first year seemed to go by slow but once I hit my one year mark, time just flew by! What advice do you have for me to make the best of the two weeks I have left?

We had a combined zone conference this week with the Buffalo north and Buffalo south zones. I had the chance to bear my final testimony as a missionary and of course I got emotional. I testified that He lives and of the love our Father in Heaven has for each of us. I was a little nervous because Elder LeGrand R. Curtis (General Authority Seventy) was there but the nervousness washed away and I was confident as I testified of gospel truths. Later on in the meeting, as he was addressing us, he complimented me on my testimony and said how grateful he is for my service. He was here on an assignment to speak to us about striving for obedience and determination to be a successful missionary. He did an amazing job and I really enjoyed the things he said. 

I’ve been thinking about the week we will spend together here as a family and there are a couple of things I’m hoping we can do. First, I would like to have a pizza night with my district. I would love to get to see them all one last time before we go home. I know of a pretty good pizza joint where we can meet up. I would also really like to attend sacrament meeting in the Niagara Falls ward.

I’ll start calling the people I’d like to visit after we have a good idea of when we will be in specific areas of the mission.

I love and miss you very much!
Elder Peterson


Elder LeGrand Curtis & Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design