Pages



Monday 1 December 2014

Week 6: Happy Thanksgiving


Hey guys!!!!

Thank you so much for the package of Christmas CDs and everything! You guys are the best. 

We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Bishop’s house this year. It was fun and the food was good! I felt a little awkward not being with you guys but it was a good experience. I just missed you guys is all. :) I’m glad you guys had fun on Thanksgiving with Grandma, Grandpa and Brooklin!

Everything is going well here. Living in New York has been an awesome experience! It’s crazy that it’s already December though! Time flies. I had a meeting with my mission president yesterday. He is such a nice guy. I told him about the family and how I feel being so far away from you guys. He gave me some great advice on how to adjust to missionary life. I’m still learning a lot from my companion too. I think that would be awesome if you guys got together with his family sometime!

I got a birthday package from Mercedes and Grandma! Tell them thank you so much and that I love and miss them and that they’re awesome!

We have been sharing the He is the Gift video from mormon.org and the people here are really liking it! They are even showing it in Times Square! Cool huh. 

Oh ya you guys were asking about transfers. The next transfer isn’t until January but I’m pretty sure I’ll be in Tonawanda for a while. But who knows. 

We had a bit of miracle happen here yesterday. It all started when Bishop had a referral for us after our Sunday meetings. We went to the person’s house and knocked on the door we were told to go to but then we found out that person didn’t even live there lol so we decided to just keep knocking doors in the area. We had one person finally answer the door! He’s a nice guy named Allen and he actually wanted to hear what we had to say! He asked questions about our religion and gained an interest in the church. Funny how things like that work out sometimes :) I hope that we can still teach him and eventually baptize him. He’s got potential! Fingers crossed we can keep in contact with him. 

Well I hope everything is going good back home! I have to say again that I’m so glad I chose to go on a mission. It’s still the best decision I have ever made. 

Love you and miss you all very much!!

Elder Peterson

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design