Pages



Tuesday 7 April 2015

Week 24: Easter & General Conference


Hey guys!!

I LOVED GENERAL CONFERENCE! It just gets better and better each year. I hope President Monson is doing okay… he didn’t seem to be doing so well. I really enjoyed Elder Holland’s talk on the atonement. I really liked the story he shared about the two boys climbing without any safety gear and how it all related back to the atonement. I loved being reminded that the Savior will reach out to us when we will sincerely repent!  I really enjoyed Elder Ballard’s talk in the Priesthood session as well. I got emotional as I sat there (during the Priesthood session) and thought about sitting with dad. I imagined I was there with you as we sang during each hymn. :)

We got the chance to eat at a members home yesterday. They made us a special Easter dinner of mashed potatoes and ham. It was good but of course it wasn’t as good as Mom’s cooking! :)

This week has been a busy one and a bit of a roller coaster! Lots of things going on. We’ve been doing a lot of personal contacting as well as finding bible studies to go to in other religions. We’re hoping it will be a good way for us to get more involved and connect with the people in our community.

I’ve also been going on exchanges with our zone leaders and other missionaries in my district. It’s been a lot of fun! I’ve enjoyed helping others see what I can do to help them and seeing how they can help me.

Our zone conference a few weeks ago was awesome! The spiritual thought I was asked to give turned out pretty good. I spoke to my zone about using our ipads correctly and effectively. It was a pretty cool experience. 

That’s awesome Elder Grow is presiding over Stake Conference back home! Tell him thank you so much for all he is doing in the Lord’s service and also that I hope to meet him someday.

I recently learned an old friend of mine is serving in my same mission! His name is Elder Alt. He was in my afternoon seminary class. Small world huh? 

That’s so cool Tanner is going on a mission! Tell him and Bishop Anderson that I love and miss them! 

Please tell the youth to stay close to the Lord and to stay humble. I’d also recommend doing President Monson’s challenge of going to the temple regularly. It will be worth it.

I’m off on more exchanges with my zone leaders today so wish me luck!

I love and miss you all very much!

Elder Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design