Pages



Monday 13 April 2015

Week 25: Blessed to Be on a Mission


Hey guys!!

I loved the Easter care package you sent me! The scripture verses inside the package were awesome too. I loved the verse that says “pick up your cross and follow me and ye shall find me.”

That's so cool Elder Grow came and stayed with you guys! What was it like having dinner with him? I wish I could have met him too!

Dad- Will you send me a copy of the talk you gave at Stake Conference? I would love to read it.

This week my companion and I have been doing our very best to find new investigators and focus on reactivating less active members. So far it has been going great! We have a new investigator! Her name is K.L. . We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it went really well but she doesn’t have that relationship with God yet. We did get her to commit to read the Book of Mormon though as well as come to church regularly and pray daily… and she accepted! The best part is that she is still keeping her word to this day. :) The next step is teaching her the restoration and setting a baptismal date with her. Wish us luck!

One of the reasons I feel so blessed to be on a mission is because of how much I love the people that we meet every day. K has the same sarcastic humor as I do so she’s always fun to teach! It makes this whole experience that much better when you get to make great friends along the way.

Yesterday the lesson in Gospel Principles was on prayer. During the lesson I was able to share a personal story. I shared with the class that towards the end of high school I had a strong desire to join the military but decided to first pray about serving a mission. I told them how grateful I am that I acted upon the prompting to serve the Lord because if I hadn’t I wouldn’t have met everyone in that room that I have come to love so much. 

Sadly this is the last before we have transfers again. :( Transfers will be on April 21st so please don’t send any mail until I know if I’m staying or moving to a new area. I’m hoping I won’t have to leave but if the Lord needs me in another area, I will go!

I love and miss you all very much!!!

Love,
Elder Peterson

P.S. We got to go see a Catholic Basilica this week! I’ll attach pictures. It’s so interesting to me how different other religions are from us. It makes me even more grateful to be a member of the church. :)

P.S.S. Happy Birthday Grandma Janell!!!

The Catholic Basilica we visited this week


Inside the Basilica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design