Pages



Monday 27 July 2015

Week 40: What's That Smell?!


Hey guys!!

Thank you so much for the package of goodies! :) I loved the letters you guys wrote about the Savior’s love for us and comparing it to how much I loved the people in Buffalo. I still miss it very much and hope I am transferred back there someday. That’s how much fun I had over there! Oh I miss Buffalo.

I talked to President Francis about my feelings of missing Buffalo so much and he told me that the Lord has called me to Batavia and needs me there for a reason. I love President Francis. He is an awesome example to me. I would love to invite him to my homecoming once my mission is over. :)

Getting used to a new area is still a little difficult because you don’t know anyone and you don’t know the area. We spent the week trying to get to know the members in the Batavia Branch a little better. The members are interesting up here but very nice people and my Branch President is a goofy, funny guy.

This week was a pretty good week. We had the opportunity to go to the temple! I love the Palmyra temple. I was even able to see one of the members from the Orchard Park Ward back in Buffalo! I had been taking the son of this family with us on splits. When I saw his dad at the temple he gave me a big hug and told me that I am still missed. It feels good to hear that the members miss me. I hope I am able to leave the same kind of impression here in Batavia. I want to be loved and remembered for being a hard working missionary.

I found out the Branch Mission Leader served in the Las Vegas Mission! Small world huh? He’s a nice guy. He took us out to go see a little bit of baseball with him this week. (Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera.) If we get the chance to go again, I will take some pictures.

We had the opportunity this week to do some service for a less active member in our branch. We have been making an effort to find and then reach out to those in our area who have become less active. We are also really trying to motivate our investigators to get baptized. One of our investigators in particular isn’t taking us too seriously. He says he would like to investigate other religions. It’s discouraging trying help him know for himself if the church is true when he hasn’t even received an answer and he’s already moving on to other religions. I hope he will find the truth someday.

My spiritual thought this week is found in Jacob 1:19:
“And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence; wherefore, by laboring with our might their blood might not come upon our garments; otherwise their blood would come upon our garments, and we would not be found spotless at the last day.”

I love this scripture because it boldly states how important it is for us to magnify our callings. We need to extend our talents and capabilities to others whether it be a Ward Clerk, Bishop, Missionary or whatever calling we happen to have at this time. We need to understand the importance of our calling and magnify it. What are your thoughts on this verse?

Funny story! We kept smelling this awful smell in our apartment and after trying to find the source for a while and we finally found it in the drain pipes. Our zone leaders came by this week and helped us clean it out. You have to watch the video that we recorded during the cleaning out process... It's so gross! You will hear me yell, "get it out!" Haha man it was so gross.

Click on the link to watch the video:
https://vimeo.com/134640135

Love you and miss you!

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design