Pages



Monday 31 August 2015

Week 45: Transfer Days = Busy Days

Greetings from New York!

I went to our transfer meeting to pick up my new companion! He’s a good companion. He works really hard and wants to get the job done. He likes Batavia so far but misses his old area sometimes. He seems to be okay when we stay busy though. I’m looking forward to working with him. While I was at the meeting I got to say goodbye to one of my favorite people I have served with. It was sad to see him go but we said we would keep in touch. I also got a chance to see President Francis and sneak a picture with him!

It’s been a busy week! We’ve had a lot of meetings and spent some introducing my new companion to the branch and our teaching pool. We’ve been inviting members to our big Family Home Evening event taking place tomorrow night as well. I hope we’ll have a good turn out. We have been working hard inviting and encouraging as many people as we can to come.

My spiritual thought this week is on the importance of studying the basics of the gospel. I came to the conclusion that it’s very important to study the gospel even though we may think we know it all already. We should always strive to have a good knowledge of the gospel and have passages memorized to help people understand our basic beliefs. There will always someone that’s curious about what we believe.

I was thinking how cool it would be, once I get home, to have a missionary night with the youth in our ward. Everyone could share any cool missionary experiences they’ve had in their life.

I know this letter is short due to transfers & meetings. I promise I will write more to all of you next week.

I love and miss you all very much!

Elder Peterson

P.S. I can’t believe it has been one year since I received my mission call!!

{Click on the link below to watch Elder Peterson open his mission call}
https://vimeo.com/105621195


Elder Peterson & President Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design