Pages



Wednesday 23 September 2015

Week 48: 1,018 Copies of The Book of Mormon


Good Morning!

This week we have been busy attending zone meetings (zone conferences are from 8:30 am-5:30 pm). They make for some pretty long days! Do you remember when I told you about the challenge President Francis gave us to share 1,000 copies of the Book of Mormon? Well, at our meeting he announced that our mission shared over 4,000 copies!! 4,000!!! He also announced that my zone (Rochester west zone) handed out more than any other zone in our mission! Can you guys how many copies we passed out? We passed out 1,018 copies of the Book of Mormon. President Francis was proud of us :) It was amazing to hear the announcement of our hard work paying off! We also had new safety programs installed in our cars. Every mission vehicle did. It sounds like it’s just an extra precaution to make sure we’re all as safe as possible.

I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday! I shared my thoughts on keeping the Sabbath day holy. I was nervous but my fear quickly left me. I spoke boldly about how keeping the Sabbath day HOLY is a commandment. Some members listened and of course some didn’t… I guess they were too excited about watching the Bills game yesterday. It was disappointing but I said what I could. I hope I did a good job.

Do you have any advice on finding new investigators in small towns? I’m open to any suggestions! Batavia has been so overworked. Speaking of investigators, we focused our efforts on our solid investigators this week. And speaking of solid investigators, that big black guy’s name that I spoke of last week is L. He is such a nice guy. He has always been so open and honest with us. He he constantly telling us how much he respects us and everything we are doing. We set a baptismal date with him this week too! November 7th is the big day. Let’s hope everything goes smoothly!!

My companion’s name is Elder McKade Rushton and he’s from Coalville, UT actually! He’s a nice guy and a really hard worker. He always wants to do what’s right which is awesome. We have served in all of the same areas (It was awesome to get to hear the story of how the L. family from N. Tonawanda progressed towards baptism) and he was even trained by Elder Haines too!

Winter is quickly approaching around here. We are already experiencing a chilly breeze!  I’m not too excited about walking around in the snow again. :(

I can’t believe it’s almost time for General Conference again! I’m looking forward to finding out who the new apostles will be.

Now for a spiritual thought! This is in Colossians 3:22 “Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God…” It is so important to fear God more than men. If we focus on fearing God then we won’t have to worry about the day of judgement.

I love and miss you all very much!!

Love,
Elder Peterson

P.S. Give Deegan a good belly scratch for me!


Elder Rushton & Elder Peterson... Out to lunch with Sister Colman!  

Elder Peterson & Sister Colman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design