Pages



Tuesday 27 October 2015

Week 53: Over the Hump!


Hey guys!

Well, I’ve officially been on my mission for one year! I can’t believe how fast time goes by on a mission. Some days feel really slow but then other days will feel really fast and weeks will feel like days. It’s a tradition to burn an old shirt when you hit your one year mark on your mission so we had a little celebration and I burned an old shirt of mine with an ink stain on it. I’ll include videos and pictures. :) The best part of it all is that I can officially say I’ll see you guys next year!!

This week was pretty good. We are working with a new less active member. His name is G.S. and he is such a nice guy! We’re working with him on following the word of wisdom. He texted us a couple days ago and said he hasn’t given into temptation at all for the entire week! We were so happy to see him stick with his commitments. We celebrated up on his land and had a bonfire with the Elders Quorum. It was so awesome to see how happy he was! I hope he connects the dots in seeing that he is happy when he is doing what is right. I can tell such a big difference in people’s lives when they are following the gospel. Their light shines brighter and brighter as they continue to follow the commandments. Let’s hope he continues to stick with his commitments!

We also spent a lot of the week doing acts of service. We split and and stacked wood for almost five hours with a member who is preparing for winter. We were so sore when we finally finished lol he was really grateful for our help though. He mentioned that this winter looks like it’ll be another bad one (I hope not!) Any advice on teaching people during the winter? I would love to hear anyone’s suggestions.

We spent a lot of time with the active members in our area throughout the week as well. There is one family that my companion and I both really like. They are a part member family. The husband is the only non member. He seems to have a pretty firm faith in his own religion but we are hoping that over time his heart with soften and he will be willing to listen to the gospel.

We are having a zone wide p-day today! Our zone leaders are hosting an Olympic tournament. It sounds like it’ll be really fun.

Before I forget, I finally got an answer about using google hangout on Christmas. They said that the iPad can’t do it because of the firewalls. They suggest sticking with Skype.

Thank you so much for the Buffalo Bills jersey!! I love it so much! It is so awesome! I love you guys!

My shoes are still holding up but I was wondering if you could send some new pants?

I’ll be on the lookout for Brother and Sister Thiriot if we get a chance to go to the sacred sites.

I love and miss you guys very much!

#oneyearleft!!!

Love,
Elder Peterson


"Elder Peterson's One Year Mark Celebration": 
(Click on the link below to watch video)


"You Only Serve Once": 
(Click on the link below to watch video)


 "It’s a tradition to burn an old shirt when you hit your one year mark on your mission so we had a little celebration and I burned an old shirt of mine with an ink stain on it." -Elder Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design