Pages



Monday 23 November 2015

Week 57: A Great Week!!!


Hey Guys!!!

This week was a great week! We had a wonderful opportunity to begin meeting new investigators. One of the investigators is named J.M. We met with her on my first day in Cattaraugus. She is a really nice person. She served in the Navy and is now a full time single mother. We shared a spiritual thought with her and her kids in Mosiah 2:41. This scripture talks about how keeping the commandments blesses you literally and spiritually which then fills us with happiness. Jessica loved it and asked us if we could come back and teach her more. :) We invited her to two branch activities as well… a Thanksgiving party and to come to church that Sunday. And she did! She came to the Thanksgiving party and she came to church. She even came with a torn meniscus. (Amazing!) She is so ready to be converted to the gospel.

That same Sunday we taught her about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The spirit was strong during the lesson. We challenged her to be baptized and she said YES!!! We even invited her to be baptized on January 2, 2016 and she accepted the baptismal date as well! :) She is so prepared to listen and to be a member of the church. Things are looking really awesome out here :) I’m so excited to see what lies ahead!

The work that Elder Fielding and I will be doing in Cattaraugus is reactivation work in the branch as well as finding potential members. The branch presidency is working really hard to push the work forward. Their biggest concern is that the branch might be dissolved. Their goal is to not let that happen. They are working hard to change things and turn the branch into a ward again. I admire their leadership.

Something I found interesting in my new area is that the natives out here are very proud of their heritage. I love it! It gives me a chance to learn more about all of the different cultures we have in our country. I just love the culture out here! Another interesting thing I found out is that this is apparently where the Lamanites lived long ago. It’s pretty cool to live where they did.

Oh and guess what? I had the chance to see an old investigator and member I reactivated! We will be meeting with them on Saturday. It will be so fun to see them again. I will take pictures and send them to you. :)

It was a good week! :)

I love and miss you all very much!
Elder Peterson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design