Pages



Monday 30 November 2015

Week 58: A Week of Great Success!


Hey Guys!

I just wanted to say quickly how much I love and miss you all! Guess what? Our Skype date is coming soon!!! It’s almost Christmas already. Can you believe it?

This week we found great success! We had a wonderful time meeting two investigators that have been visited by missionaries off and on for quite some time. When we met with them we shared a spiritual thought and then testified of the Divinity of Christ, the Book of Mormon and the power of prayer. The spirit was very strong and my companion and I both knew that they felt the spirit touch their hearts. We will be seeing them again tomorrow night to teach them about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Maybe we will even extend a baptismal invitation to the both of them! We’ll see how it goes. Wish us luck!

J.M. is still being a trooper! She came to church again with her injured knee and brought her kids along with her. We taught her about the plan of salvation this week too. The spirit was really strong during that lesson. She absolutely loved the lesson of knowing that she can be with her family for all time and eternity. We will be seeing her again soon to teach another discussion. We hope she will continue to have the desire to be baptized. :)

Things are looking really great here in Cattaraugus. We have a lot of investigators being lined up for baptism which is so incredible. I haven’t seen this happen in a long time! We are so grateful. We are also doing a lot of work with less active members in our branch. The ward council gave us some special action items to really get things moving. Time to build up the house of Israel in Cattaraugus!

It really is so cool to teach people that are descendants of the Lamanites! It kind of makes the Book of Mormon come to life and makes teaching them so much more of a personal experience.

Everything is going well for us. I will keep you posted on our lessons this week!

I included some old pictures I realized I never sent to you guys. I hope you like them. :)

I love and miss you all very much!!

Love,
Elder Peterson

P.S. As far as a Christmas wish list all I can think of right now is probably a new suit and a keyboard for my iPad. That’s all I ask. :)





"Frozen Lake Erie!!!"
"This is what Orchard Park looks like in the winter."
"This is what Orchard Park looks like in the winter."
"This is what Orchard Park looks like in the winter."


"Last year's winter!"





"Exchanges with Elder Kropp!"


"Here is another picture from the Catholic Basilica we visited a while ago."
"Here is another picture from the Catholic Basilica we visited a while ago."




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design