Pages



Tuesday 8 December 2015

Week 59: Another Wonderful Visit to the Sacred Sites


Hey guys!

Happy birthday to Deegan! I can’t believe he is turning 4 today. When you give him his birthday hamburger will you make sure you record it? I would love to see it haha

This week was a really good one! We have been busy visiting with a lot of people in our area and we even had the opportunity to go to the sacred sites with J.M. and her daughter! We visited the Sacred Grove, Joseph Smith’s farm, the Witmer’s farm and some other sites where the church was organized. The spirit was really strong. J.M. and her daughter both kept telling me how excited they are to be baptized. :) After we visited all of the sites we rolled down the Hill Cumorah! It was fun but I got really dizzy haha We had someone video it for us but I don’t have a copy of it yet. I’ll have to send it to you guys next week.

Things are looking really good with them. J.M. has been trying to get her parents to sit in on the discussions with us. Her father said he would but her mother refuses because she was raised in another religion. I hope she will eventually join us.

We have been working hard to accomplish some action items for the branch council. The branch president was surprised that we even asked what we could do to help and was even more surprised that we accomplished some of what they asked of us already! He was really happy. :) My companion and I are making it a goal to gain trust with the branch council in order to help build the branch back into a ward again. It may not happen during my time out here but it will happen eventually.

We watched the Christmas devotional last night with a less active member in our branch. I enjoyed each of the messages that were shared about the Savior’s life. I especially loved President Uchtdorf’s story about the man who was given his very first wheel chair by none other than a missionary from the church.

It’s so weird to think that I’ll be home next Christmas! It’s even more weird to think that I only have 10 months left out here! Time is going by too quick.

Before I forget, transfers are next week! I know this is short notice. We had a short transfer because we have a large group of missionaries going home to begin school as this next semester starts. So if you have anything you are sending in the mail please do it soon. I’m sure I will most likely stay in Cattaraugus though. I’m beginning to really love it here so I don’t mind. Plus, we are having a lot of great success!

Anyway, it’s almost time to get ready for zone conference.

I love and miss you all so much!

Love,
Elder Peterson






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design