Pages



Monday 21 December 2015

Week 61: Christmas Skype Is Almost Here!


Hey guys!

I am so excited to Skype with you on Friday!!! I’ll be calling in at 12:00pm EST. Will that work for you?

Thank you so much for all of the Christmas packages! I absolutely love the tiny Christmas tree mom and dad sent. It reminds me of home. :) I can’t wait to see you guys on Friday!!! It’s so exciting!!! I can’t believe it’s that time of year again! :)
It’s weird to think that this is my last Christmas as a missionary. Time just goes by so fast! I realized the other day when conference comes again in April I’ll only have six months left on my mission. I’ll be home before I know it! Do you have any advice on how to make the time I have left precious?

I got to do my first training as a district leader this week! It went really well. The training was basically helping them get to know their areas and people that they are teaching. I already know one of the Elders. We served together in the Rochester west zone in my last area. It’s nice to see familiar faces sometimes.

Thank you for the advice on helping me unify my district. I will definitely serve and do all that I can to help the Lord’s work move forward. I’m trying my hardest but I’m afraid I’ll burn myself out. What is the best way to avoid doing that?

Earlier in the week my companion and I had to say goodbye to our progressing investigators. It was so sad. None of them wanted us to leave. They said they always hate when transfers come because they know that means we’re leaving. It’s hard to leave the people you grow attached to. I’ll have to send a picture of a couple of my favorite investigators. Their names are J & P. I love them! J is a Baptist and P is a Presbyterian. They come from different faiths but they have become lifelong friends. I wish we didn’t have to say goodbye to them but the Lord’s work must continue.

I’m going to a leadership training meeting with President Francis tomorrow. It will be so great to see him again and listen to his council to see what I need to do to help my district. I really admire President Francis. He is like another parent out here in New York. He has always been there for me whether I am discouraged with a companion or just having a hard time. He reminds me a lot of you (mom & dad) with everything you have always done for me. I really can’t wait to spend time with you guys when I get home in just 10 short months. :)

I can’t wait to see you all on Friday!!! I love and miss you all very much!

Love,
Elder Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design