Pages



Monday 28 December 2015

Week 62: A Wonderful Christmas


Hey guys!

I just have to say how much I love and appreciate you and how grateful I am that you guys are always right there with me supporting me in all that I do. You are the best family that I could ever have. I can’t wait to have you guys come pick me up so I can show you around the sacred sites and have you meet all of the people I love! Only 9 short months left!

It was awesome being able to Face Time on Christmas! I had a wonderful time talking with all of you. I’m sorry the wifi wasn’t so great and kept acting up but it was definitely better than nothing. :)

We had our mission wide Christmas Party on Christmas Eve! It was a lot of fun seeing all of the missionaries in my previous districts. The party was actually more fun this year than it was last year because I knew more people. We played a lot of games and had a white elephant exchange. One of the missionaries I worked with (Elder Geroux) got a deer leg in the gift exchange haha It was so fun to spend some time with the people I’ve become close friends with on my mission. I’ll be sure to send you some videos and pictures from the party after I’m finished with this email.

During the Christmas party President Francis announced that the new mission president will be announcing his call to his family on Christmas Day. We won’t know who the new mission president is until just before President Francis is released in July though. I will be so sad when he is released.

We struggled with teaching appointments this week due to the holidays but we had the opportunity to perform an act of service for one of the members in our branch. He has a pet bird (the same bird in the picture I sent you last week). He let me hold the bird and he even put it on my shoulder for a while which was cool but then it ended up not being so fun because it pooped on me five times one right after another!!! It was so disgusting but I got the stain out haha thank goodness.

I love and miss you very much! :)

Elder Peterson
 

"Christmas Eve Mission Party Video"
(Click on link below to watch video)

"The Twelve Days of Christmas Song - New York Rochester Mission version :)"
"Our mission's Christmas picture!"
Pictures from our Face Time with Elder Peterson on Christmas Day:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design