Pages



Monday 4 January 2016

Week 63: Our District's First Baptism!!!

Hey!

Well, I’m a little sad today because it’s officially 2016 which means my mission is coming to an end. It’s weird to think about. It’s even more weird to say I’m going home this year!! I can’t wait to see you guys again and spend time with all of you. I have so many mixed emotions... I’m sad and excited all at the same time lol I’m going to make the most of the time I have left out here though. :)

Guess what! J.M. was finally baptized!!! It was our districts first baptism! The spirit was strong and she was so excited and emotional. The entire program was well prepared for her. On Sunday I had the opportunity to confirm her as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :) In the blessing I reminded her to obey the promptings of the spirit and to seek the council of her branch president when trials come. It was a neat blessing.

In our district meeting last week, I held a training on how to study effectively in order to help our investigators progress towards baptism. I wish I would have been a little more prepared but I guess that just comes with having more practice over time. Right after our district meeting we had a lunch appointment with H.G. He is a nice guy. We had a random conversation about haunted places and he told us one of the top ten haunted places in the U.S. is in Buffalo! I guess it’s in a terminal by a train station or something like that.

I went on exchanges with Elder Olsen and we ended up talking about one of our zone’s new resolutions. This specific resolution focuses on less actives being our primary focus. It really does help find people to teach. I also brought up my concern of a possible disconnect between the missionaries and the members in general. We also talked about the strengths and weaknesses of our branch and have been trying to come up with solutions for everything since then. It turned out to be a really great exchange with a lot of great conversation.

Before I go I want to tell you guys how much you mean to me. I appreciate everything you have always done for me and I’m so grateful for your example in my life. I’ll never forget how much love you continually show to me. I love and miss you all very much!

Love,
Elder Peterson










No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design