Pages



Monday 18 April 2016

Week 78: Finding Success

Hey!

We found a lot of success this week! We have been working hard trying to find new people to teach and we found five new investigators! Guess what? Two of them have families that might be interested as well! I can’t wait to meet with them again so we can teach them the gospel. 

We also did a lot of service throughout the week. We helped a church with some yard work in the Silver Creek area. They were so happy to have our help. They asked us which church we belong to and of course we said we belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was so neat to see them so appreciative of our help. They even invited us to attend bible studies with them. (Our leaders encourage missionaries to attend things like that.)

We also spent a lot of time teaching a few of our new investigators. A member invited him to learn more about the gospel and he agreed to it! We have been teaching him the restoration and plan of salvation. We extended an invitation for him to be baptized and he accepted! We are trying to figure out a date but we need to figure out his living situation with his girlfriend first. Hopefully we can get it figured out sooner than later.

Another investigator we extended a baptismal invitation to is a man from South Carolina. He lived in the ghetto but has a desire to change his life around so he can find peace and happiness. His family is giving him a really hard time because he is meeting with us. They are doing everything they can to prevent him from being taught and especially converted. They are extremely anti mormon. He told us that they even sick their dogs on missionaries and throw rocks at them. Sometimes they even threaten to kill them. So, please pray for our investigator and for our protection as well. 

I got the chance to know our next door neighbor a little better. I found out that he was a professional kick boxer! He also told me he’s really close to Governor Como of New York. He asked me if I would like to meet him and of course I said I’d love to. He will be giving me his contact information later this week. It’s so awesome making connections with so many people. 

It’s been a while since I’ve shared with you what I’ve been studying. I’ve been reading a lot in Preach My Gospel on how to be an effective teacher. I’ve learned that in order to be an effective leader/teacher, you must always increase your knowledge and abilities to teach. Although you may not know all the doctrine, your increased knowledge will build your testimony and your ability to teach with more spiritual power. I absolutely love that. It reminds me of a talk given at this last conference. In it the speaker says that we can increase our power to teach the gospel by increasing our knowledge.

I finally came to the conclusion this week that we only have one life to live and the time we have in this life goes by so quickly! I’ve taught a lot of people with different addictions. Some are even addicted to video games which led them to very poor living conditions. It makes me so sad to see these things happen but it makes me even more grateful for the gospel in my life. 

Happy birthday Ally! I’m glad you got my letter. I was worried it wouldn’t show up on time. I just want to say again how much I love and miss you. I’m grateful you are my sister. I’m grateful I’m apart of our family!

I love and miss you all very much!
Elder Chase Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design