Pages



Monday 2 May 2016

Week 80: One Week Until Skype!


Hey!

Well, it has been one heck of a week! We have been teaching a lot of people this week and have seen a lot of success from it. We also spent some time reaching out to those who are in need of some help. We try to reach out to anyone and everyone in the community the best we can and usually end up serving them in one way or another. 

We helped an investigator in her vineyard earlier this week. It was a big project! They are under a contract with Welch’s so there’s a lot of work that needs to be done on a regular basis. We helped with eighteen vines which ended up taking almost the entire week! It has been neat experience because we were able to visually understand Jacob 5 in the Book of Mormon. Now I can really relate to it haha. The investigator’s husband had his heart softened because of our service. It was neat to have a civil conversation with him. He spoke to us as though we were friends which has never happened before. And he even let me ride on the tractor! 

Another great thing that happened this week was finding with some less active members that have been impossible to contact! It took a long time but it taught me to never give up and continue to press forward. We really put in our all this week and because of it it’s been one heck of a successful week!

We subbed for one of the primary teachers on Sunday which was pretty fun. We tried to teach the kids about the priesthood and the importance of it. We did the best we could but it’s difficult to have a good lesson when kids have such a short attention span haha. I think we had an okay lesson over all. At least I hope we did! 

Before I forget, we had an almost awesome experience last week! We were in a village called Angola and decided to walk into an antique shop while we waited for our next appointment. This random girl came in and yelled out “Jay Leno is in town!”. I asked her why he would be here and she told us that apparently he has a friend in town that owns some vehicles from the 1940s. I guess Jay Leno is into classic cars and wanted to check them out. Anyway, we ran across the street hoping to be able to meet him but we ended up missing him by FIVE MINUTES! I was sad we didn’t get to meet him but it’s still cool we had a famous person within mission boundaries. We had all five presidential candidates come through the mission last week too. It postponed some of our appointments which got annoying real quick but they are finally gone. I’m grateful none of the rallies were close by. Otherwise it would have been a temptation to go!

I’ve realized lately how much I love the people here on the reservation. They are all so unique in their own way. (I kind of hope I don’t get transferred.) It has taken us a while to gain the trust of the people here but it has all been worth it because of how much love I have for them now. They have taught me to not be easily offended which I am very grateful for. I can feel myself no longer caring what people think of me. They have also helped me learn that things won’t always go as planned. No matter how hard you plan out your day there will always be something unique and unexpected in it. And that’s okay! I absolutely love serving on the Cattaraugus Reservation.

I am so excited to talk to you guys on Sunday!! I’m really looking forward to it. :)

I love and miss you all very much!


Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design