Pages



Monday 16 May 2016

Week 82: Loving Spencerport!


Hey!

Spencerport is pretty cool! Yes, I’m still a district leader. Can you believe this will be my fourth transfer being a district leader? I have two Spanish speaking elders in my district. They are really cool guys and are having a lot of success in their areas! I’m proud of them and can’t wait to work more with them.

Earlier this morning we played a game called Pickle Ball. It’s a really fun sport that’s kind of like tennis. It’s a pretty competitive game but still a lot of fun to play. 

We spent the week trying to adjust to our new area. I’m currently serving in the Spencerport Ward in the Rochester Stake. I love the ward we are serving in! Everyone is very friendly. The first Sunday we were in the ward I was asked to teach gospel principles. I wish I could have had a little more time to prepare but it was still a good lesson and I was able to get people to participate. 

I met a family that just sent their son on a mission. Guess where he’s serving? The Las Vegas Nevada mission! haha They said their son is in our stake and currently serving in the Paradise ward. Isn’t that great?! I’ve already made a connection with some of the members! Their son’s name is Elder Young and his parents made a request for you guys to tease him a little whenever you get a chance to meet him. :)

The people in Spencerport are pretty receptive and ready to accept the gospel. I love seeing people that are so ready to learn about the gospel!

I received an email from President Francis the other day letting me know that he has been very pleased with me and how diligently I worked on the Indian reservation in Cattaraugus. It meant a lot to me to hear that from him because of my love for the people there. I was pretty sad having to leave the reservation and say goodbye to the people I have grown to love so much. They are such great people. Once they get to know you they quickly become your best friend. I miss everyone there very much. 

Speaking of President Francis, he will be coming to Spencerport to speak in church this Sunday! I can’t wait to see him again!

How fun grandpa Base was able to go to Las Vegas for another visit! That is so fun! Only five months left until I can play golf with him again. :) I can’t wait although thinking about the day I’m released as a missionary makes me so sad. I’m very grateful I chose to be a missionary. It has honestly been the best two years of my entire life. I truly think I’ve learned how to love people the same way the Savior loves us.

I have a busy week ahead of me! I can’t wait to get to work.

I love and miss you all very much,

Elder Peterson 


"Some of the people I absolutely love!"

"Ryan dropped off a pizza just for us."
"Ryan, our unit mission leader, and Elder Hallstrum."
"Here are the converts that Elder fielding and I baptized!"
"Taking a picture with Brother H's bird."
"Here is Brother H. (2nd councilor in the branch presidency). He is awesome!"
"One of my favorite investigators."
"The friendliest people in Silver Creek!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design