Pages



Tuesday 24 May 2016

Week 83: Obedience and Happiness


Hey!

We had a pretty good week last week! We had a zone conference and I was asked to share a spiritual thought from Preach My Gospel. I decided on chapter 6 which focuses on Christlike attributes such as obedience. I shared my thoughts with the other missionaries on how important it is to be obedient, especially to the mission rules. I know we can find so much happiness and freedom when we are obedient. The zone leaders, assistants, and President Francis all said they enjoyed my thoughts so that made me feel good. During the zone conference, we were asked how we, as a mission, can work together to become more obedient. There weren’t too many suggestions given but I raised my hand and said that as a mission we need to be more accountable for our actions. I also think we need to be accountable for the goals we set, whether they are personal or as a companionship. I also shared my thoughts on how our leaders shouldn’t be too afraid to step on our toes when we need correction. It turned out to be a great meeting.

I went on exchanges earlier this week with my zone leaders. We went back to one of my old areas! It was fun to be in Batavia again but I don’t have fond memories of that place. I got over it though and had fun seeing some of the members again. One of the members we saw was a nice guy named Brother S. He was excited and surprised to see me. We had done a lot of service for him by working on his land so it was neat to see him again and catch up for a bit. 

We spent a lot of the week teaching a younger boy that just turned eight years old. He is getting baptized next week and we are so excited for him! It has been neat teaching him. I’ve loved seeing him learn so much even at such a young age. This boy’s parents are very nice members in our ward here. They are both in the Marines so it has been neat to talk to them about my desire to join the military.

5 months to go! I love and miss you all very much!

Love,
Elder Peterson


"Brother S. from Batavia."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design