Pages



Tuesday 14 June 2016

Week 86: Final Interview with President Francis


Hey! 

It is so crazy to think I only have four months left on my mission! When members ask me how long I’ve been out and I tell them 20 months they get really excited and ask about my plans for the future. It starts making me anxious to get home when they do that! haha

We had another really busy week! We attended stake conference at the Hill Cumorah!! It was so cool to hear from President Howel (Rochester stake president) as well as President Francis. I love to hear them testify of the gospel. It seemed like their main message was to make sure we had our priorities straight. At the end of the day, as you start to unwind, make a conscious decision to read the scriptures and pray to our Heavenly Father before becoming too distracted with social media, tv, movies or video games as entertainment. I thought it was an interesting message but it was very powerful. I am committed to taking President Howel’s advice. 

We were able to meet up with the woman from China again this week! She asked a lot of great questions which led us to teaching her about the restoration. The spirit was strong as we taught her. I hope we will be able to continue working with her until she goes back to China.

I also had the chance to do my final interview with President Francis. I can’t believe it is already time for him to be released. It was an emotional time but it was so great to talk with him. He said he wanted to do a partial exit interview with me because felt inspired to do so and because he loves me so much. Among other things, he counseled me to love every minute I have left on my mission, to love and serve my companion and the other missionaries, continue to be obedient, and gain as much education as possible. In return I promised him I would do each of those things. 

He then gave me a wonderful blessing that I made sure to write down.

I’m already so sad to see President Francis go. He holds a special place in my heart. 

I love and miss you all very much!


Elder Peterson


Elder Peterson & President Francis 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design