Pages



Monday 11 July 2016

Week 90: The Hill Cumorah Pageant


Hey!

We had a pretty busy week this week! We did some more service at the senior centers again in Spencerport and N. Chili. The seniors are all so friendly and love to talk to us. It’s a lot of fun.

We met President Evans and his family! They are all so nice and told us how excited they are to be here and work with us. I wish I had more time left on my mission to build a strong relationship with President Evans. I’d like to eventually have the same kind of relationship I did with President Francis but I’ll just have to do my best with the time I have left. On July 22nd I will only have three months left in the mission field. The closer I get to the end of my mission, the quicker the days go by. One of my old companions, Elder McCarl, just finished his mission. I was able to say goodbye and thanked him for his example and for everything he taught me. I was sad to see him go. I will be losing even more old companions over the next few weeks. Elder Glenn and Elder Ruston are both going home in August. I’ll be sad to see them go as well.

We were invited to attend a public sidewalk festival earlier this week! We decided to have minute to win it challenges at our booth. If they won the challenge they got a cookie and some water. If they lost, they still got a cookie and some water. :) Our whole district joined forces and we ended up handing out 52 copies of the Book of Mormon! We also handed out material to over 120 people. It was so cool to see all of that happen in just three or four hours! We probably could have done even better but it started raining so hard! It was crazy.

Some of the members from Batavia took us to the Hill Cumorah Pageant on opening night! It was so nice of them to take us. We had a lot of fun and even saw some familiar faces of a few people we worked with in the past. We get to go to the pageant again tomorrow night too! We’re going to some of the sacred sites with one of our investigators while we’re there. We’ll go to the Peter Whitmer farm, Joseph Smith’s farm, the Sacred Grove and then we’ll see the Hill Cumorah Pageant.

Oh and we’re going to the temple on Friday! We’re going with the senior couples from Brockport. It will be really fun. It makes me think about how much fun it will be to go to the Las Vegas temple again once I’m home. I can’t wait!

It was a great week and we have another good one to look forward to.

I love and miss you all very much! I can’t wait to see you guys in just three short months. 

Love, 

Elder Peterson


"The Myer family. The nicest Catholic people ever!!"
"Brother Alessi from Orchard Park!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design