Pages



Monday 25 July 2016

Week 92: "I'll Keep Going Until I Drop to My Knees..."


Hey!

We had a zone meeting earlier in the week and had the chance to do some training on how we can help our investigators progress. It was a good meeting. I think I shared some good insight on how to work with investigators.

Speaking of investigators, we found another investigator! He is in his late 70s and has been taking lessons with us for the past couple of weeks. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted! The big day is August 13th!!! We are really excited! He has been visiting many other religions and he finally came in contact with me and my companion. He asked what the difference is between our religion and other religions, so we taught him the restoration and the plan of salvation. He was able to attend church later that week and had a great experience! After Elders Quorum he leaned over to me and said he wanted to "be a Mormon"! August 13th here we come!!

I can’t believe Bree is already heading to the MTC this week! That is so cool!! Tell her congrats again and that my best advice is to always rely on the spirit. That way you’ll always know where to go, what to do and what to say. Being a missionary is incredible and it teaches you so much.

I’ve trained my mind to be much more focused which makes me a hard laborer that produces good fruit. I take tasks that are at hand seriously. In fact, I have the highest record in my mission when it comes to investigators attending sacrament meeting, handing out the most copies of the Book of Mormon, and having the most investigators with baptismal dates (six at one time). I’m going to continue to work hard for the remainder of my mission not only in breaking records but also in working effectively. I’ll keep going until I drop to my knees.

During the third hour in church yesterday we had the pathways missionaries do a presentation on the BYU-I Pathways program. It was really interesting. I still think that $68/credit is a lot of money but it’s nothing compared to other colleges. I think it’s cool that they require you to take institute classes for course credits.

Three months left! I can’t wait to see everyone. You’ll never believe how much I’ve changed. I can’t wait to show you.

I love and miss you all very much!


Elder Peterson 


"Some more old friends from Orchard Park!"
"Here is a picture of us doing a scavenger hunt with the boy scouts."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design