Pages



Tuesday 6 September 2016

Week 98: Spiritually Uplifting Experiences


Hey Guys!

This week has been spiritually uplifting for Elder Gwilliam and I because we were able to go to the temple! I love feeling the spirit there and learning more about the gospel and what we must do to live with our Father in Heaven again someday. I can’t wait to go to the temple more frequently once I am home!

I can’t believe I finally get to say that I’ll see you next month!!! I’m excited to introduce you to President Evans. I wish I had more time to get to know him but I still consider him to be a dear friend. He has already told me that I’m a great missionary and that he is grateful to be my mission president. He is a nice guy and really funny! I’m grateful for him. He let me know that I will be sharing my final testimony to the mission at our next zone meeting. It will definitely be a sad day for me.

It’s really weird to think that my mission is ending so soon. I can’t wait to be with you guys and show you around the areas I’ve served and introduce you to some of my favorite people. Being a missionary can be really tough. It’s draining and exhausting but it’s worth it for those you meet and grow to love. Sometimes the people we teach end up falling away and it’s difficult for me to watch. 

I had an eye-opening experience last week while I was on exchanges in Batavia with the zone leaders. We were teaching a member I used to know while I was serving there. She had gone inactive but one of her friends recently chose to be baptized. Her friend’s baptism helped her realize how much she needs the gospel in her life. This experience gave me hope. It taught me that one day all of the converts I baptized and all of the people I’ve worked so hard with will come back on the Lord’s due time. I’ve done all that I can. The only thing left to do is continue to pray for them. Will you pray for them with me?

Today is a zone p-day! We are going to play spike ball, ultimate frisbee, and some other games that sound like a lot of fun. It should be a good day!

Mom- I can’t wait to hear all about your seminary class! You will be a great teacher, as always. :)

Oh, how I can’t wait to see all of you again. Only one fast Sunday left!

I love and miss you all very much,
Elder Peterson


Elder Gwilliam & Elder Peterson at the Palmyra Temple

Elder Gwilliam & Elder Peterson at the Palmyra Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design